3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cooling System Guides
Print Wikipost

Replacing Thermostat

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 06:57 PM
krh628
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Thermostat

hey guys first post on here. looked at the thermostat DIY thread and pretty much understand what I have to do. Never done one of these before. actually havent really done much with a car besides change oil and minor preventative stuff. but i have an 05 ram 1500 3.7........from what i saw the thermostat is on the bottom radiator hose, i thought it was on the top hose. but regardless my QUESTION is this...is there a gasket that is supposed to go with the thermostat housing? From the few people ive talked to they said there is normally always a gasket on thermo housings.....but guy at autoparts store said there there was no gaskets listed for parts for my truck. he said that since this particular thermostat for this truck had the gasket built in around the sides of it, that the housing didnt need one. Can someone verify this for me please. I am about to do the work probably tonight so want an answer before i take it apart and not have the gasket if i need one. Thanks.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:00 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

On the 3.7 I have zero idea but on my 5.7 it has a gasket that fits over the lip of the stat and then into the housing.

Quick Reply: Replacing Thermostat