3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

question bout marvel mystery oil??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 03:09 PM
catawissarocket
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
no prob.
Not really, unless you pull a valve cover. I'd say just pour in 1/2qt and run engine at operating temps for 20-30min and dump your oil for a fresh change. I bet your oil will be completely black in that short time. with 70kmi, I bet there's build up.
I'm about a thousand miles or so over my oil chang.I'll go ahead and pour 1/2 qt. and run the engine like you said 20-30 mins and then change it.. thanks!!

shawn

Old 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by catawissarocket
I'm about a thousand miles or so over my oil chang.I'll go ahead and pour 1/2 qt. and run the engine like you said 20-30 mins and then change it.. thanks!!

shawn
no prob. I'd recc'd pouring the other 1/2qt in after the oil has stopped draining. This will push any dirty oil thats left at the bottom of the pan on the MMO's way out. Cuz, there's always oil left in the bottom of the pan unless you have the truck at a stiff angle.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
catawissarocket
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
no prob. I'd recc'd pouring the other 1/2qt in after the oil has stopped draining. This will push any dirty oil thats left at the bottom of the pan on the MMO's way out. Cuz, there's always oil left in the bottom of the pan unless you have the truck at a stiff angle.
Gotcha!!

Quick Reply: question bout marvel mystery oil??