3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed X-Tender from Westin

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 11:34 AM
mikelliott
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed X-Tender from Westin

I just bought a Bed X-Tender and I love it so far. It's easy to remove this and I'm concern about theft. Does anyone else have one of these and have you taken any security measures. I was thinking of engraving my DL # in big bold letters.

Mike

Old 08-21-2005, 11:38 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bed X-Tender from Westin

Might want to run an heavy duty cable from the extender to the bed to make it a bit more difficult to take.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:50 PM
mazz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bed X-Tender from Westin

On mine, you have to have the unit in a vertical position to remove it. So, with a tailgate lock, preventing the tailgate from being opened, one would not be able to pivot the unit into a vertical position. I've got a lockable hard tonneau lid on mine. Check to see if yours can be removed in the down position. If not, then a lock for the tailgate may do the trick.

I bought mine several years ago for another pickup, when Steelhorse Automotive was licensed by AMP Research to manufacture them. Since SH when bellyup, Westin is now licensed and has taken this product line over. Perhaps they've made some changes in the brackets.

Quick Reply: Bed X-Tender from Westin