3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4X4 Light came on?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:06 AM
boopadoopa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4X4 Light came on?

This is the second time in the last 3 weeks this has happened. Driving down the road my truck sort of bucked... then I noticed the 4x4 light in the dash blinking? The first time i thought I must have slightly hit the switch cleaning the truck and it was between settings? But this morning coming into work it happened again. The truck seemed to buck a little and then i looked and my 4x4 light was on in the dash? It then went off and truck ran fine. I engaged the 4x4 and rode about a mile then disengaged it. Seemed to keep the light off. Has this happened to anyone? Could I have a vacuum leak causing this or Switch issue? Just wondering where to look first? Or last? Seems like something that might have to just break totally before the problem can be located since it only did it twice and goes away quickly. maybe its just my truck telling me I need to take it out 4x4'ing something I never really do? LOL Any thoughts?

Old 07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Silver Beast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've never had it happen but it sounds like it might be a shortage in your transfer case motor...just a thought

Quick Reply: 4X4 Light came on?