3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Post TIPM replacement issues...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Dynamo22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post TIPM replacement issues...

So, I had the dreaded no bus code. TIPM was the issue so I had it replaced. Dealer also said since it sat for nearly 3 weeks the battery was toast, no big deal I just got a new one from my buddy who works at a local Interstate warehouse, and I knew it was due. Well the service manager at the dealership said and I quote "Since the battery was stone cold dead, the shift drive needs to reset. It was shifting a little early when I drove it but should sort itself out in about 2 miles". Not sure why the dead battery would affect the shifting. Well, couldn't be farther from the truth. Truck shifts through the first two gears in before it hits 25 mph. Won't shift into 4th gear at all. Was doing 50 and was stuck at damn near 5K rpm. Very jerky driving conditions at low speeds like it can't decide which gear it needs to be in. The transmission makes a loud clunking noise when I shift into P, R, or D. Also the 4WD service light is on. I didn't have ANY of these issues pre-TIPM failure. What the hell happened to my truck...was the TIPM incorrectly programmed? Did they mess something up? No idea whats going out just reaching out to find any answers.

Quick Reply: Post TIPM replacement issues...