DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech-65/)
-   -   Acceleration lag? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-tech/335700-acceleration-lag.html)

ewing111 09-10-2012 10:15 PM

glad it helped. Those suckers get pretty nasty, every 15,000 miles or so its probably worth a check.

HammerZ71 09-10-2012 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 08HEMI1500 (Post 2860515)
That's the stock torque management. The lag you feel actually helps the tranny last longer by killing power as it shifts at WOT. A tuner with torque management capabilities will let you reduce the amount of TM and give you a firmer, more powerful shift at WOT. But you could also start with cleaning the throttle body and grounding it and seeing if that helps at all.

Pre-'08 4.7s are not "fly-by-wire" and use a traditional, mechanical cable. Grounding the throttle body will do nothing.

Although I second cleaning the TB and would also question when the last full tune up was done...

willdikem66 09-11-2012 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by HammerZ71 (Post 2865029)
Pre-'08 4.7s are not "fly-by-wire" and use a traditional, mechanical cable. Grounding the throttle body will do nothing.

Although I second cleaning the TB and would also question when the last full tune up was done...

Thanks lol i wasnt sure if they were fly by wire or not so i just shot it out there. But now i know they arent so OP dont waste your time lol

broggyr 09-11-2012 12:53 PM

When you guys are saying to ground the TB, do you mean you are electrically grounding it? Is this for static electricity issues?

EDIT: This was posted before I saw HammerZ71's reply...

willdikem66 09-11-2012 12:56 PM

If you have a Fly by Wire electronic throttle body you can attach a wire from the throttle body to a ground point. Any wire will do i used 8 ga. speaker wire

broggyr 09-11-2012 12:57 PM

I gots me a 2002, so I don't think I need to do this lol. Thx for the reply!

ewing111 09-11-2012 07:10 PM

having a better ground can get you a cleaner signal which is easier and more accurate for the computer to read. But, as hammer pointed out, the 4.7 is mechanical, not electrical, no help with the grounded tb, didn't catch that by the op. A good cleaning will likely help though.

HammerZ71 09-11-2012 07:47 PM

For those checking out this thread with "fly-by-wire", do a search as there is a rather long thread (I even think there is a poll in it) on the advantages of grounding the throttle body casing. Maybe someone can even post the link - I'm on my phone and can't do a search.

As far as the OP is concerned - I'm still inclined to think this is a maintenance issue - dirty TB, dirty PCV, air filter, etc. so I would look to fix the problem before spending $ on mods that at best my only band aid it.

Of course, once you have the problem pinpointed and solved - there is NO PROBLEM going out and getting you some choice mods, LOL...

Owensue 09-15-2012 02:26 AM

The torque management delete (search for it) works and is noticeable on the 02 4.7l.
You can also make yourself a power wire (again, search) and you should notice better WOT acceleration.

Since there are sensors on the throttle body a good ground could ensure these are working at peak performance, I don't imagine it would hurt at all.

willdikem66 09-15-2012 10:22 AM

The TRM Delete and Re Grounding My TB helped wonders even with a programmer tuned