3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

gots a question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 05:39 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gots a question

I have a 2004 ram hemi 4x2 quad cab, solar yellow, 3.92 axle ratio w/posi. From what i was told by my boss of the dealership where i bought the truck, is that this truck was one of the vehicles that DCX built for the 24 selling days that they have in february. because i know they build certian number of vehicles just specifically for the selling days and then wont beable to get those vehicles again. i was just wondering if anyone has heard this also or knows anything about it. and about how to find out some more info on how rare this vehicle could possibly be if any of this is true. thanks for your help.

Old 09-01-2005, 05:48 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gots a question

The build date on the truck should be on the sticker inside the drivers side door sill. It's a white sticker with all your truck info like weight, color, etc etc...

Your VIN # should also be able to tell you I think....if you contact Dodge....

Old 09-01-2005, 06:52 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, i realize all that, but dont ya think if it was a limited production run like it sounds of to me, that they might have put the paper work or something like that in there for documentation? i dont know, i guess my thinkin is a little different then others. thanks devil

Old 09-01-2005, 07:43 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

You would think they would put some kind of documentation together! They really dont because its not a collectors model piece.
I recently traded in my 2001 Dodge Dakota Motorsports Edition. They made them in the middle of the year, towards the end of the 01 model year. They were listed as 2001 1/2 model year. The funny thing is you cant determine if they are Sport, SLT, SXT, etc....you couldnt get this in a R/T...and you could only get it in 3 colors....even the VIN # is different....yet....very little or no documentation available at all....even the dealership I originally went to couldnt figure out jacksh*t about it....

Sucks to be us yanno?

Old 09-02-2005, 06:22 AM
muddauber5.7
Professional

It sounds like that guy fed you a line of B.S. to make you think the truck was something special. I work for DC and they will come out with special packages during the year just to make their vehicles sound more appealing. But all they really are is the same vehicle with an extra badge stuck on the side. Example the jeep cherokee ran a cherokee classic for a while, and the cherokee aniversary edition. nothing special but sounds like a collectors edition. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Quick Reply: gots a question