3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

battery gauge question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:38 PM
mgsouthwest2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery gauge question

My 05 has been doing something a little strange today. The truck cranks just fine and runs fine, but I have noticed that after it sits for a little while, it takes the battery gauge several seconds to register after the engine starts running. The other gauges, gas, oil pressure and temp. are still working normally. I mean its kinda weird. You crank up, other gauges register fine but the battery gauge is still pegged on low. Then, all of a sudden, it shoots up to the middle showing normal charge. Any suggestions on what gives? Even though truck cranks normally and runs normally, what is up? Should I take it in and let em have a look?

Old 09-02-2005, 12:41 AM
HemiBuell
Captain
Default RE: battery gauge question

I'm not sure about these Dodges but on the last gen of Chevy's there was no power to anything other than what it takes to run the motor while cranking. So that would be fuel pump, ignition and starter. Is this what you are seeing?

Old 09-02-2005, 07:26 PM
mgsouthwest2001
Default RE: battery gauge question

Took it in this morning and had the dealer hook the truck up and check it out. Nothing is wrong. Everything checked out fine.

Quick Reply: battery gauge question