3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2004 Dodge 2500 cummings diesel (automatic transimission) ecm question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM
irishdncer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dodge 2500 cummings diesel (automatic transimission) ecm question

I am new to this forum but hope that people can help me with my problem. When I drive my truck my gage light comes on. The volts on my battery go down to 8. I changed out batteries on Saturday thinking maybe that is the problem. Both batteries were cracked and leaking so thought it would be best to replace both to them. I drove my truck and it still did the same thing with the gage light. Went back to AutoZone and they checked everything and regulator failed. We replaced the alternator and then drove truck again and the light came back on. Took truck back to Autozone and they said it is prolly the ECM. I contacted my local Dodge Dealership and they quoted me $2,000 for the part itself!!! I have done some online searching and have found refurbished ECMs that I can get $500 to $800. I found a place called Auto Module Source? Are they trustworthy? They say they program the part for you and send you part and you should be able to plug it in and it should work. What are y'alls thoughts and has anyone ever replaced their own ECM with a ECM part from online? I just don' thave $2,000 laying around

Old 11-05-2012, 05:01 PM
irishdncer

Also my truck starts fine. When I start the truck my gage will be maybe around 12 or so. When I drive it, it is fine and then all of a sudden the gage will drop to 8 and the gage light will come on. Is it even an ECM issue? It seems to drive fine. I had my boyfriend check all electrical connections and he said they seem fine.

Thanks!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 AM
irishdncer

If anyone could provide any insight I would appreciate it! I just don't want to be stuck on the side of the road.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're posting in the wrong section, you want to post in the diesel section..... they will be able to better help you over there.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:30 AM
irishdncer

Thanks for letting me know! I wasn't quite sure where to post here.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem, good luck finding your answer! you can also click on "report a post" on your original post and just ask a moderator to move it for you.

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge 2500 cummings diesel (automatic transimission) ecm question