3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heater control knob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 11:58 AM
gunbunny2bg4u
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater control ****?

04, 2500. The **** that control the defrost, heater, and vent duct valves does not seem to work, only once in a while it seems. is it the **** or some thing els. it sucks that i need the defrost in the morning and only the vent works. no matter where the **** is at.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:17 PM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a blend door issue to me.
Do a search on blend door and there's lots of posts about this all to common problem.
There are some work around repairs to this
Heater treater web site describes your problems. How to solve them and parts to do it.
http://www.heatertreater.net/indexiphone.html
Al.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abarmby
Sounds like a blend door issue to me.
Do a search on blend door and there's lots of posts about this all to common problem.
There are some work around repairs to this
Heater treater web site describes your problems. How to solve them and parts to do it.
http://www.heatertreater.net/indexiphone.html
Al.
I think Al nailed it. My 05 does the same thing. My remedy, other than ripping into it, is to set all up the day before for the next morning. Once the doors are set, they'll sit there until a move request is received from the computer.

Quick Reply: Heater control knob?