3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trailer brake disconect light

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Tom s.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trailer brake disconect light

I have a 2010 2500 the trailer brake disconect warning light comes on and off the hole time that i am hooked to a trailer. I have hooked to 3 diferent trailers and it still goes on and off.what is the problem

Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Tom,

Below is the only case I could find that may pertain to the issue you are having. If the trailers have full electric brakes only, then this could not be the problem according to the case.

Case Number: S1205000002
Release Date: 04/10/2012
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
Trailer Brakes Do Not Function And/Or Trailer Brake Check Displayed On Message Center
Diagnosis:
Trailers with Electric over Hydraulic, Air over Hydraulic or Vacuum over Hydraulic braking systems will not function with the factory Integrated Trailer Brake Module (ITBM) except as noted below. Warning lamp on the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) illuminated and/or Message Center states “Check brake wiring” once connected to the trailer. The factory Integrated Trailer Brake Module (ITBM) cannot be used with Trailer Brake systems other than those using full Electric Trailer Brakes. If a customer requests to disable the current (ITBM) system or wishes to install an aftermarket brake controller to use one of the above mentioned incompatible braking system on a trailer, they will need to have the dealer contact the Business Center to remove the sales code (XHC).

Quick Reply: Trailer brake disconect light