3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lubricants/ Neo Synthetics

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lubricants/ Neo Synthetics

Check this out http://www.neosyntheticoil.com/

This stuff isn't cheap, but the best never is. I use it in my RX7 tranny----best I've found yet!!!!!

Neo’s History

Paul Baker has developed the NEO SYNTHETIC OIL COMPANY to meet the ever-changing needs of the automotive industry.
Back in the 80's, even the major oil companies held the philosophy that in order to improve an oil product's performance, they needed to thicken the product. Paul Baker realized that what was needed was a stronger product - not necessarily a heavier product. He took his existing oil and experimented with some of the additives available at that time.
Paul began to see improvement, strengthening his belief that thinner oils were the key. He saw a new direction in the development of synthetic oil for racing and automotive applications - thus NEO SYNTHETIC OIL was born.

NEO and the Motorsports Industry

Success in motorsports is a major part of NEO's past, present and future. The 2-cycle oil NEO developed for Mercury Marine helped bring Betty Cook her two world championships. NEO has also helped set land speed records - including the fastest Harley Davidson (set at Bonneville). NEO helped Dale Armstrong engines set their hall of fame records.
In addition, over 50% of the European Formula 1 cars use some type of NEO product, and NEO helped the Draco team win two GM Lotus Euro Series Championships. By 1987, every Indy Car that ran a March Engineering Gear Box at Indy used the gear oils and CV joint lubrications developed by NEO.

The "O" Weight Breakthrough

A major breakthrough for NEO came in the late '80's with the development of the "0" weight lubrication. Owners and drivers of the engines using this oil affirm that their engines look better after running this "0" weight oil than prior to doing so. The "0" weight also helped Formula Ford win the Canadian Championship!
Today, NEO is proud to be the official and only lubricant recommended by X-Trac for all their gearboxes. Our products were used by eight out of the top ten finishers at Lemans last year and 75% of all entrants in recent years.

Looking Toward the Future

The future of NEO holds unlimited possibilities in the development of all types of synthetic lubrication. Products to watch include the CV joint grease as used by the Williams' Formula I Team and the wheel bearing grease currently being tested by both Jaguar and Williams.
NEO is working on a gearbox oil for use behind the 6OO - 7OOHP engines currently being run in European GT racing. BMW is only one of the many companies looking at NEO products for use in their racing vehicles. Long term, NEO hopes to develop a product for engines involved in the greater horsepower, longer duration races.
Above all, Paul and the staff at NEO continue to listen and be involved with leaders in the industry. You can be assured that when a new lubricant is needed, NEO will be in the forefront of its development.

Old 09-10-2005, 07:53 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lubricants/ Neo Synthetics

How does this stuff differ from say, Mobil 1?

Old 09-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lubricants/ Neo Synthetics

I asked that question to them at the time I posted this and haven't recieved a response yet

Quick Reply: Lubricants/ Neo Synthetics