3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

replacing radiator hoses does it matter what type of clamp I use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 PM
swamper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing radiator hoses does it matter what type of clamp I use?

I'm replacing my radiator hoses they have the squeeze type clamps of them I'm guessing those are factory?there pretty rusty should I replace the hoses with the same type of clamps?or should I just go to the parts store and buy the screw on type clamps(worm clamps) or does it really matter?is one type of clamp better than the other?I cant seem to find the squeeze type clamps anyplace for some reason.anyone?

Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 PM
07Chuck
Rookie
Default Clamps

Any clamp is better than that cheap pinch type clamp the factory put on , its really only holding at the extreme like 20 psi or something just don't over tighten them and cut into your new hose imo.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 PM
metaldad
Professional

Originally Posted by 07Chuck
Any clamp is better than that cheap pinch type clamp the factory put on , its really only holding at the extreme like 20 psi or something just don't over tighten them and cut into your new hose imo.
Or crush the plastic nozzles.

Quick Reply: replacing radiator hoses does it matter what type of clamp I use?