3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rolled my truck now it won't start?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt it would be in the service manual... it is likely a special procedure.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the 2005 FSM

TANK - FUEL
DESCRIPTION
The fuel tank is constructed of a plastic material. Its main functions are for fuel storage and for placement of the fuel
pump module, and (if equipped) certain ORVR components.
OPERATION
All models pass a full 360 degree rollover test without fuel leakage. To accomplish this, fuel and vapor flow controls
are required for all fuel tank connections.
Two check (control) valves (rollover valves) are mounted into the top of the fuel tank. Refer to Fuel Tank Check Valve for additional
information.
An evaporation control system is connected to the fuel tank to reduce emissions of fuel vapors into the atmosphere.
When fuel evaporates from the fuel tank, vapors pass through vent hoses or tubes to a charcoal canister where
they are temporarily held. When the engine is running, the vapors are drawn into the intake manifold. Certain models
are also equipped with a self-diagnosing system using a Leak Detection Pump (LDP) or NVLD Pump, and/or an

On-Board Refueling Vapor Recovery (ORVR) system. Refer to Emission Control System for additional information.

Last edited by Gone Fishin; 01-11-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:07 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

^^^ Excellent job. Sounds just like the same check valves that kick back fuel sometimes when you set the nozzle to fill up on its own and kick off when full

Old 04-19-2018, 06:00 PM
karlmich
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YUP. located towards the front of the tank. SOme are serviceable and some are not. I am dealing with an issue of the valve not venting the tank! I am going to try and Rap on it to see if it can dislodge itself. My tank is not venting.

Quick Reply: Rolled my truck now it won't start?