3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Codes P0700 and P0846 popped up,

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 PM
vikingdiesel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes P0700 and P0846 popped up,

So just came back from a 1000 mile trip towing about 6k lbs. I had the Superchips tuner on 'TOWING" mode. Never have an issues but I just got back in and I got to a red light and the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT came on. Green light comes on and and I get going and the revs become high (like 3-4k) and the truck slowly moves (i still have the trailer on) but does get going, I immediately pull over and checked the codes. Which I got :

P0700: Transmission Control System

P0846: Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch B Circuit Range/Performance

I popped the hood and checked the fluid level, color and smell. No signs of burning fluid, color is clean and level is OK. I let it cool off for a few minutes since its 16 Degrees F and cleared the codes. Drove home 25 miles and NO issues. The truck pulled nice and strong and the CHECK engine light never came back on. What could it be? My moms 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee did almost the same thing 2 weeks ago and it turned out the shifter console electrical board was dirty and I guess is a common issue. I know I dont have a shifter console but any ideas on what could've caused my issue?

Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 AM
vikingdiesel
Veteran

No one has any ideas ?

Old 01-15-2013, 01:46 AM
vikingdiesel
Veteran

i guess no one had this problem

Old 03-15-2013, 03:10 AM
Sweller3
Amateur

Hi,

it just happend to me first time today in morning (~30°F and very wet snow yesterday). I have short trip to work (5mi, last part is 1mi highyway-65mph) and truck did not get completely warm, at least tranny didn't. It shifts slowly but it really is jerky when you go from neutral to R or D. Otherwise it shifts smooth... I already had problem with ETC in this conditions, and now that one... I will start thinking truck loves just dry and warm weather

Anyways, I hope I can figure this out and I will ofcourse report back

Quick Reply: Codes P0700 and P0846 popped up,