3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Have some sad news for my Ram.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:39 PM
OhFive_Daytona
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have some sad news for my Ram.

So, about a month or two ago I let my mom borrow my truck for a night to go to the store. Well, with a strange turn of events, that happened to be the night she hit her first deer (and it hit her too)... With my beautiful, Daytona edition silver bullet.

So, after going to the body shop, they tell me it will most likely be totaled once the insurance adjuster looks at it. Well, because it had only 52,000 on the odometer, they decided to pay to repair it instead. Come to find out this is what $6200 worth of damage really looks like. [It also cracked the front bumper, and grille, and pushed the bumper back 1/4". But the Daytona bumper cover and chin together cost $1400..]

So, with the thought of my daughter being born in a few more months, and a car seat won't fit safely in my already 2WD NY truck(at least not safe enough for my wife), I decided I might trade it in.
And so a week later, after looking around for a good deal and trying to tell myself that it was for the best and was a good idea, I brought myself to the dealership and I ended up trading her in for $12,000 down on a 2006 Charger R/T with low mileage.

It's been a sad couple of weeks, and I don't think I'll forget the fun I had with my truck, and how much I put into it. It's almost like I had a real bond with the truck, like she was human. But, even though I don't post here often, I thought you'd all be interested to know.

Attached Thumbnails Have some sad news for my Ram.-mytruckkkkk.jpg   Have some sad news for my Ram.-truck_zps2c565670.jpg  
Old 02-08-2013, 06:58 PM
07hemi1500

That sucks, it was a nice looking truck. At least you got a good trade in for a nice "family" car that looks just as good, and its still a Dodge!!!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:48 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

some times a truck has other value than money. my truck was totaled. but i kept it cause it was / is a very good truck.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM
OhFive_Daytona
Rookie

I wish I could have kept it and gotten the car, but unfortunately with a baby on the way keeping my truck wasn't the most responsible choice to make. If it were a crew cab, OR 4WD I would have kept it. But it was a single cab, 2WD, short bed that I fell in love with.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 PM
timekop
Professional

I think a lot of us have that attachment to our trucks. Especially if you do a lot of your own work and mods on them. Cool car though.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:15 PM
OhFive_Daytona
Rookie

Thanks man, my wife pokes fun at me every day because I say I miss my truck. Even while driving the charger, I miss my loud Borla side-pipes and my big marshmallow tires throwing me all over the bumpy road.

Quick Reply: Have some sad news for my Ram.