3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1 1/2 Level, Caster Problem (HELP!!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 PM
08JD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 1/2 Level, Caster Problem (HELP!!)

I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500, 149,000 miles, 2 door, 2wd.

I changed my upper control arms to moog, along with the tie rods and ball joints. Also i put in some pro comp shocks and Daystar 1 1/2 level coil spaces.

Ive tried aligning my truck twice and cant get it aligned since my passenger side will not reach full caster to match the driver side wheel. I believe its -1.01..

I took measurements on my lower control arms and saw that they are off about a half inch from the other.. But the trucks never been in an accident.

I than thought about it, i have perfect alignment before the lift, and have replaced the moog upper control arms twice.

Is the issue because of the leveling kit?

Do i need a caster/camber kit? or do i just dremel out my mounts..

What kits do you recommend?

Old 02-17-2013, 10:50 AM
BigSloth
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull as much caster out of the passenger side as you can get out of it. Then adjust the drivers side to match. It is because of the leveling kit, it throws the caster out bad because of the massive forward rake 2wd trucks have from the factory.

Caster is a direct pull angle but it's not a wear angle, meaning it won't wear your tires. And it doesn't need to be perfectly in OE spec, as long as both sides match. I usually work in about. 25-.30* less caster on the drivers side to help compensate for the crown of the road.

Quick Reply: 1 1/2 Level, Caster Problem (HELP!!)