3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Needin advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 AM
T Bro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Needin advice

Hello everyone,
So I'll get right to the point I've been trying to figure out the best way to get more mpg in my 05 1500 4.7 (woo big engine- missin my 01- 5.9 360 but had to get a family truck) I've read to many good bad reviews on the Superchips 3815 an 65 and I'm not sure if there worth my $320+. So I'm wanting to know if there worth it or if there's something better out there for my truck not really trying to spend over 400+ on one thing but just let me know what you know. And I run 87 in the tank right now, if the Superchips is recommend what's the price difference in running 91 read some stuff on how it balances out with the preformance as I said its my family truck so I really don't care about performance just trying to get more mpg for my buck an good words of wisdom. This is gettin really long so ill shut up now. I appreciate your advice.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:24 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF TBro, I will move this over to the 3rd Gen Ram Section for better exposure of your questions for advice. I am a supporter of the 3865 with my Dak but thats been purely on performance and a hope of mpgs. Its made my truck more powerful and enjoyable for the same amount of fuel with no drop in mpgs unless you are constantly beating on the truck, but thats to be expected even on a Stock Tune. And if you were to buy a SC all the tunes dont require you to run 91 Octane, they do have 87 Octane Tunes.

Quick Reply: Needin advice