3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 04:04 PM
team_realtree
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

06 1500 4x2 4.7 slt rclb

I have 3 things I need some help with that are going wrong on my truck. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. When I signal left my right blinker signals. This is only sometimes, and if I slam down on the signal arm it fixes it lol. And sometimes it jumps from left signal to right signal as if there is a contact somewhere that is faulty?

2. When idling my tachometer will go up and down FAST and by about 3-400 rpm. I don't think the engine is actually changing speed because I would hear it. I notice it sometimes when driving at a constant speed to it will jump real fast. A sensor or something maybe? Throttle body is clean, new plugs, all that good stuff..

3. And lastly my wipers have a mind of there own. Sometimes they will just stop midway, sometimes they will go 3 strokes REALLY fast then go super slow lol no real consistency with this problem. I saw a thread about taking apart the motor and cleaning the contacts would this be the solution to something like that?

Again I appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All sound like they are most like a TIPM (totally integrated power module) yours was the first year for them, that is on its way out. Some of the other guys that have more experience with them will hopefully weigh in.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:45 PM
MoparPaul
Veteran

Realtree, your Multifunction switch is the problem....lucky for you this part has a recall or extended warranty on it for your year truck: I got this letter for my truck early 2012. copy it and bring to your dealer...and if I'm not mistaken the fluctuation of your tach is a TIPM flash update for the 4.7 motor that the dealer should do "gratis" as well....good luck

Chrysler Group LLC

January 19, 2012

This letter is to inform you that the warranty period (3 years or 36,000 miles) on your truck's turn signal multifunction switch has been extended to 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This extended turn signal multifunction switch warranty coverage applies to select model year 2006 1500 and Ram 2500 trucks.

We are extending the warranty period on your turn signal multifunction switch because of a potential manufacturing process variation that may cause the turn signal, both interior and exterior, to flash in the opposite direction from that selected by the operator. If your turn signal is operating properly, there is nothing you are required to do.

If you are experiencing the condition as described in this warranty extension (within the 10 year or 150,000 mile period), simply contact your dealer to schedule a service appointment.

NOTE: This extended turn signal multifunction switch warranty does not cover any other components.

Remember to bring this letter with you to your dealer. Please make sure to store this letter with your vehicle's other warranty information for future reference. The warranty extension applies to the above components only; the other terms and the "What's Not Covered" items of your warranty remain the same as stated in your Warranty Information book.

If you have already experienced this turn signal opposite illumination condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. You may complete the enclosed Customer Reimbursement Claim Form and send your original receipts, invoices and/or repair order to the following address for reimbursement, your claim will be acted upon within 60 days of receipt:

Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
P.O. Box 21-8007
Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007

If you have questions or need any assistance, please contact your dealer or the Ram Customer Assistance Center between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, EST, Monday through Friday or Saturday and Sunday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, EST. Please contact 1-866-RAM-INFO (726-4636).

2006 RAM 1500/2500 TURN SIGNAL MALFUNCTION SWITCH
EXTENDED WARRANTY
CUSTOMER REIMBURSEMENT CLAIM FORM

Date Claim Submitted:
17 - Digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):
Mileage at Time of Repair:
Date of Repair:
Customer First & Last Name (Please Print):
Street Address or PO Box Number:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Daytime Telephone Number (Include Area Code):
Evening Telephone Number (Include Area Code):
AMOUNT OF REIMBURSEMENT REQUESTED: $

The following information must accompany this claim form.

Original or clear copy of all receipts, invoices and repair orders that show:

• The name and address of the person who paid for the repair.
• The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the vehicle that was repaired.
• What repair was completed, when it was done, and who did it.
• The total cost of the repair expense and the date of payment. (Copy of the front and back of cancelled check, copy of credit card receipt, credit card itemized invoice, etc.)

My signature to this document attests that all attached documents are genuine and I request reimbursement for the expense I incurred for the repair covered by this letter.

Customer Signature:

The two methods for submission are by postal mail or electronically. For postal submission please mail this claim form and required documents to:

P.O. Box 21-8007

If you have a scanner and desire electronic document submission, please go to www.chrysler.com/chryslercares and complete the webform. Indicate in the narrative "X42 Repair Reimbursement - Request for Electronic Document Submission Link". Instructions will be sent to your email address to scan and submit your documents electronically.

Your claim will be acted upon within 60 days of receipt. If you have any questions, please contact Ram Customer Care between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, EST, Monday through Friday or Saturday and Sunday 9:00 AM 1 5:00 PM, EST at 1-866-RAM-INFO (726-4636).

Last edited by MoparPaul; 03-01-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:15 AM
team_realtree
Professional

Originally Posted by MoparPaul
Realtree, your Multifunction switch is the problem....lucky for you this part has a recall or extended warranty on it for your year truck: I got this letter for my truck early 2012. copy it and bring to your dealer...and if I'm not mistaken the fluctuation of your tach is a TIPM flash update for the 4.7 motor that the dealer should do "gratis" as well....good luck

Chrysler Group LLC

January 19, 2012

This letter is to inform you that the warranty period (3 years or 36,000 miles) on your truck's turn signal multifunction switch has been extended to 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This extended turn signal multifunction switch warranty coverage applies to select model year 2006 1500 and Ram 2500 trucks.

We are extending the warranty period on your turn signal multifunction switch because of a potential manufacturing process variation that may cause the turn signal, both interior and exterior, to flash in the opposite direction from that selected by the operator. If your turn signal is operating properly, there is nothing you are required to do.

If you are experiencing the condition as described in this warranty extension (within the 10 year or 150,000 mile period), simply contact your dealer to schedule a service appointment.

NOTE: This extended turn signal multifunction switch warranty does not cover any other components.

Remember to bring this letter with you to your dealer. Please make sure to store this letter with your vehicle's other warranty information for future reference. The warranty extension applies to the above components only; the other terms and the "What's Not Covered" items of your warranty remain the same as stated in your Warranty Information book.

If you have already experienced this turn signal opposite illumination condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may be eligible to receive a reimbursement. You may complete the enclosed Customer Reimbursement Claim Form and send your original receipts, invoices and/or repair order to the following address for reimbursement, your claim will be acted upon within 60 days of receipt:

P.O. Box 21-8007

If you have questions or need any assistance, please contact your dealer or the Ram Customer Assistance Center between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, EST, Monday through Friday or Saturday and Sunday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, EST. Please contact 1-866-RAM-INFO (726-4636).

2006 RAM 1500/2500 TURN SIGNAL MALFUNCTION SWITCH
EXTENDED WARRANTY
CUSTOMER REIMBURSEMENT CLAIM FORM

Date Claim Submitted:
17 - Digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):
Mileage at Time of Repair:
Date of Repair:
Customer First & Last Name (Please Print):
Street Address or PO Box Number:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Daytime Telephone Number (Include Area Code):
Evening Telephone Number (Include Area Code):
AMOUNT OF REIMBURSEMENT REQUESTED: $

The following information must accompany this claim form.

Original or clear copy of all receipts, invoices and repair orders that show:

• The name and address of the person who paid for the repair.
• The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the vehicle that was repaired.
• What repair was completed, when it was done, and who did it.
• The total cost of the repair expense and the date of payment. (Copy of the front and back of cancelled check, copy of credit card receipt, credit card itemized invoice, etc.)

My signature to this document attests that all attached documents are genuine and I request reimbursement for the expense I incurred for the repair covered by this letter.

Customer Signature:

The two methods for submission are by postal mail or electronically. For postal submission please mail this claim form and required documents to:

P.O. Box 21-8007

If you have a scanner and desire electronic document submission, please go to www.chrysler.com/chryslercares and complete the webform. Indicate in the narrative "X42 Repair Reimbursement - Request for Electronic Document Submission Link". Instructions will be sent to your email address to scan and submit your documents electronically.

Your claim will be acted upon within 60 days of receipt. If you have any questions, please contact Ram Customer Care between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, EST, Monday through Friday or Saturday and Sunday 9:00 AM 1 5:00 PM, EST at 1-866-RAM-INFO (726-4636).
Thanks for posting that! Definitely gonna head to dealer with that letter in hand.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The dealer should be able to look up the extended warranty on the part on their computer for you and bill Chrysler direct if that is indeed the problem.

NUMBER: 08-002-12
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: January 13, 2012

SUBJECT:
Multifunction Switch Malfunction - X42 (10 Year Or 150,000 Mile (240,000 Kilometers)
Warranty Extension)
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the multifunction switch if found inoperative or operating
incorrectly.
MODELS:
2006 DR Ram Pickup 1500
2006 DH Ram Pickup 2500
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may experience a turn signal switch malfunction that will cause the turn
signals to flash incorrectly. When selecting a right turn, the left flashers will function and
when selecting a left turn, the right flashers will function.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the multifunction switch is found malfunctioning, Perform the Repair Procedure.
NOTE: This Service Bulletin only applies to the replacement of the Multifunction
Switch. All other repairs are not overed by this Service Bulletin.