3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck leans/lower on right/passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:49 PM
eisej
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Truck leans/lower on right/passenger side

Ok let's just get all the jokes out of the way. My one leg isn't longer than the other. I'm not standing on a hill or parked on one. My eyes aren't crooked, I'm not on any drugs. Well no illegal ones at least

I always thought it was my driveway honestly but my brother mentioned it and now I know it's not me. My passenger side is lower, front to back, than my driver's side. I asked my neighbor and my wife to both look at it and they agree. Tire tread and pressure is the same and I've replaced all four shocks within the past few months. There isn't much I haven't replaced regarding the front end. My bumper isn't crooked, no accidents, even from previous owners. At least not anything listed on the report.

Any ideas or does anyone else have the problem? The only thing I have to do before I get my alignment done is the upper ball joint/arm and the drivers side half axle. The axle really doesn't have to be done but the boots are cracking which cost nearly as much as the half axle.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Busdriver9
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem but after I put Bilstein 5100's on,it fixed the issue. I have no clue what it was or if that would fix yours. Sorry I am no help to you but your not the only one. How much are you off? I think I was about a 1/4 inch on passenger side front and just an 1/8 inch on pass rear

Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Busdriver9
I had the same problem but after I put Bilstein 5100's on,it fixed the issue. I have no clue what it was or if that would fix yours. Sorry I am no help to you but your not the only one. How much are you off? I think I was about a 1/4 inch on passenger side front and just an 1/8 inch on pass rear
i thought those used the stock coils? The shocks themselves are just a strut that dampens the bounce so they themselves wouldnt change ride height.

OP. Measure the compression of your front coils on each side and compare. If your front coil is weak, it'll lower the front corner and raise up the driver rear corner making the entire pass side lower than the driverside.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Busdriver9
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dirty: I wasn't claiming they were the fix, I was just stating that while I was in there messing with the strut it must of been the way I put it back together. They are the adjustable height as I was putting them on because I was leveling the truck but not using them as a fix. That was just an extra perk....sorry for the confusion.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:31 AM
eisej
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah your measurements seem to be about the same as mine. I didn't put the best shocks on but I did replace the bushings when I did it. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Truck leans/lower on right/passenger side