3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ball Joints on a budget

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:11 AM
MoonshineSmoke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ball Joints on a budget

Hey guys I have been creepin on here trying to find a somewhat recent account on ball joint brands. I had to replace me steering linkages earlier this week because the outer tie rod fell out on the free way. That was a fun ride. Anywho I checked my ball joints while i had it jacked up and notice that i have a little play in my passenger side upper. Truck has 92K on it with a level kit and 35in tires so I'm really not surprised. What I am trying to decide is if I should replace with Moog, Napa, or XRF joints. I was thinking about just doing the one side with Carli's to spread the cost out a little bit but they only sell them with either 2 uppers, 2 lowers or all four. I don't have the money to spend $800 at the same time. I read a lot of threads on here about XRF joints but I never found anyone that said they were working good after 75 or 100k miles. I also read on here that some people done like MOOG for 2500's. I am pretty sure that napa uses master ride which is basically OEM. What are your thoughts and experiences?
Again I know this is probably the 100th ball joint thread but the only ones i could find were older and didn't have any follow up after some time.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:43 AM
BigSloth
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't attest to XRFs joints for a ram, but I have them on my 95 grand Cherokee 4x4 that gets beat to hell all the time, been on for about 70k miles and not the first problem with them.

Quick Reply: Ball Joints on a budget