3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Plasti-Kote Products

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 09:20 AM
jgbn444
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plasti-Kote Products

Has anyone used any of the plasti-kote products??? i'm interested in the brush on bedliner and the chrome paint. they claim the bedliner is as good as a rhino at one fourth the cost. any info would be great, thanks.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Avanti
Captain
Default RE: Plasti-Kote Products

All I've used are their spray paints and I liked them (haven't used any for a while, though) because they used the better nozzle.

Now, to "Chrome" paints... the best I've found right out of the can for initial shine is "Dupli-Color." When applied well, it looks like a slightly aged polished-aluminum. However, it (nor any of the "Chromes" I've ever found) is NOT very durable and cannot be polished, etc. The only way to protect them at all is with a compatible clear-coat. Unfortunately, most c-c's tend to dull the original finish, not heighten it, as with "real" paint.

The closest thing to "chrome" paint is a three-stage (as I recall) professionally applied product from a specialty company, "Mirrachrome" from Alsa, Corp.

Hope this helps some.

All the best.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:25 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: Plasti-Kote Products

Chrome paints simply do not work, initially they look okay, but get yellow and flake off. Plasti-Kotes "plastic paint" works well for crafts and what not from my wife's experience.

Quick Reply: Plasti-Kote Products