3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram 1500 lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 12:45 AM
xj fanatic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram 1500 lift kits

My manager has a 00' ram 1500 and would like to lift it a little. He knew that i know alot about jeeps so figured i'd know about ram's... but i don't. He wants this to still be a daily driver, but have an aggressive look. He would only be taking it on the beaches in NC a few times, but still wants a close to stock ride. First let me ask a few basic questions since i don't know the ram at all. Does it have IFS? is it spring over axle or spring under axle rear leafs? What is the stock tire size? Ok, he wants to run about a 33" tire so would a 3" lift be enough for them? What would be the best kit for this or what methods do you guys use for affective 3" lifts. Since i have an exploder, I know that turning the torsion bars will give some lift, but exactly how much and how do you do it? I know from jeeps to avoid blocks and add a leaf. The blocks may be different with a bigger truck, but will the ride be stiffer? And one last question. What shocks are you guys running for a smooth ride? If you can answer any of these questions, feel free to answer or PM me.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:48 AM
thump186
Record Breaker
Default RE: Ram 1500 lift kits

I would suggest sky jacker. Simply one of the best imo. they come as a kit with everything you need to do it properly.

here is a dealer in your erea.
http://www.toms4x4.com/

www.skyjacker.com

Old 09-21-2005, 03:47 PM
ross944
Veteran

if all he does is go to the beach on occasion and just wants an agressive look a body lift would be the best way to go. you can clear 33's with a 2-3" body lift and it would be much cheaper than a suspension, plus you dont have to mess with the suspension at all so you keep the factory ride quality. alot of guys on other forums have the PA body lift and have no regrets with goin that route.

PA Body Lift for 99-01 Dodge Ram

Old 09-21-2005, 07:23 PM
IrishBull

The stock tire size for the 17 in rims are 245/75 I think. It's like a 32 inch tire already. Both the 2wd and 4wd have IFS up front. the 4wd is a torsion bar type versus the 2wd with the coil spring and a-arms. The rear axle is spring over. One possibility would be a 2inch spacer lift for the 2wd trucks or a block for the rear and crank the torsion bars up for the 4wd trucks.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:15 PM
xj fanatic

I was thinking staying away from blocks simply because with jeeps they ruin the ride, but theyre so much lighter... what about a mini block/ shackle combo lift and cranking the torsion bars with a 1" body lift. And longer Skyjunker i mean skyjacker shocks? I'm so used to jeep products its not even funny How much turning of the torsion bars would give about 2" of lift? and aside from tires, how much would all this run.

Quick Reply: Ram 1500 lift kits