3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine Misfire 3.7

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 PM
FloridaDodge67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Misfire 3.7

My truck has been there for me for a while but when i went away to school I did not have the money to put into it when it needed it therefore a few problems have developed. The most recently is a Engine Misfire in cylinders 2 and 3 as well as random misfires. When I came to school my radiator sprung a leak and my engine overheated, since then I have kept the radiator full although i haven't fixed the leak. Also in the past few months I would hear a vibration sound whenever i was slowing down below 20 mph. When the Engine initially started to misfire I checked the oil and saw that there was only a little oil, since then I put an entire quart in. I went to the parts store to check the codes, and on my way back the engine started to run again, i could feel the cylinders start firing again. But whenever I start the engine cold it misfires until it warms up and then it runs fine even at slow speeds. I plan on replacing the spark plugs and checking the wires today. What else should i do if that doesn't work?

Last edited by FloridaDodge67; 05-22-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:09 PM
go-part
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.aa1car.com/library/misfire.htm

Keep an eye on the oil level, its either leaking or burning a significant amount.

Quick Reply: Engine Misfire 3.7