3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another A/C thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 07:19 PM
5.7Drew
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another A/C thread

ok guys I searched and all that nonsense and am probably but could not find the answer...ok to it my A/C clutch is not engaging first thought was low charge so I went to the wally world and got a re charge with the gage but not the problem. the A/C fan is also not spinning but if I take the cover off the A/C clutch relay and manually engage the relay the clutch kicks right in A/C fan kicks on and cold A/C is blowing inside the truck. So now to you guys what next? Bad coil in the compressor? Bad line pressure transducer? I'm stuck and its getting warm when it rains so I cant use my 2 60 A/C. Any help on how to check the other parts to the system?

Old 05-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might be a bad relay in the power dist center under the hood, try switching it out with another one, they're all the same relays. Check the fuses too. May or may not be the problem but a good place to start.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:55 PM
5.7Drew
Amateur

Thats what i ment by takin the top off of the clutch relay so i could manually make it contact and it worked idid try a different one for that relay and checked the fuses all seem to be good thats why im stumped

Old 05-26-2013, 04:47 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked for any fault dtc codes for the truck.

The Hvac control center is a linked to the PDC which fires the relay for the clutch. The high pressure transducer info is also fed to the pdc, as well as the evap coil temp sensor

Does the a/c run when the defrost cycle is started?

Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 AM
5.7Drew
Amateur

Do u mean the c codes? I have not checked them yet and thats next ill go check if it kicks on with the defrost

Quick Reply: Another A/C thread