3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vibration that comes and goes while driving on highway.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Wyldbill77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration that comes and goes while driving on highway.

Hello.
I have an 03 2500 with the 5.7 Hemi, I purchased it from an older couple after sitting for over a year on grass so needless to say the under carriage has lots of rust, but I got it for a really good price, almost free. The problem that I am having is when I'm driving down the highway I get a terrible vibration (almost scary) but the weird thing about it is that it's not constant, it will shake for about 20 seconds and then it will be real smooth for about a minute and then it comes back again. I'm not thinking it's the rims or tires because I would think it would do it all the time. I'm wondering if maybe it could be the front axles or possibly the driveshaft. I'm hoping someone can help me out because it drives me crazy. I don't drive on the highway often but when I do I always wonder if something is going to fall off.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:31 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF! This section is for the Dodge Forum internet site issues and recommendations. Please head over to the 3rd gen Ram section and post your question. That is where the technical experts reside. You most likely have an alignment or tire balance issue. I had a "shimmy" like you are referring to that would come and go on my Dakota and it turned out to be alignment related.

Last edited by jkeaton; 06-09-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Vibration that comes and goes while driving on highway.