3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sway Bar? Axle switch? Ram 2500 power wagon 2005 | towing

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
ReaganAbington
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar? Axle switch? Ram 2500 power wagon 2005 | towing

Okay, well I used to always go on road trips with my Dad and we would take the Rv out and go camping. Well, I'm 18 now and wanna take some of my buds out. Call me an idiot, but i just want to make sure i have got things straight before setting out. I have a Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon 2005 model. Well, on the electrical buttons below the radio it has a couple of things that I have no idea what they do. It has a **** that has three options to adjust the axle, and I have no idea when I would use that, what it's for, or how to get it into one of those modes. Same with the Sway bar, what does it do? When do I use it? How do i turn it on or off? I have tried switching the **** and pressing the sway bar buttons but they just blink and wont transition over all the way.. Help? I am sort of new guys, sorry.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude!

You REALLY need to get your hands on a owners manual. I know the sway bar is electrically disengageable, also a full lock lsd front diff.

There's also some other little idiosyncrasies about how the whole 4wd portion operates, but I'm not personally familiar

I'm sure some other guys that have more time with one will chime in

Good Wheelin!

There's another Dodge Forum out there that has a specific 05&up Power Wagon section you may like to take a look at

Last edited by Gone Fishin; 06-03-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Sway Bar? Axle switch? Ram 2500 power wagon 2005 | towing