3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

replacement front strut/shock

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 04:41 PM
HemiRam1566
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement front strut/shock

so i finnaly noticed my left front strut leaking, i put a 3" suspention lift in it so it has blocks in the rear and spacer block on top of the front struts its a 2007 4x4.. my question is, can i put bilstien leveling struts in WITH the 2.5 " lift blocks? the truck still sits low in the front like stock except higher over all so i figure the bilstien leveling struts would make her sit level, i just want to kno if its safe to do the 2.5" lift struts with the current 2.5 " leveling blocks thats in it now

thanks
connor

Old 06-15-2013, 11:20 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiRam1566
so i finnaly noticed my left front strut leaking, i put a 3" suspention lift in it so it has blocks in the rear and spacer block on top of the front struts its a 2007 4x4.. my question is, can i put bilstien leveling struts in WITH the 2.5 " lift blocks? the truck still sits low in the front like stock except higher over all so i figure the bilstien leveling struts would make her sit level, i just want to kno if its safe to do the 2.5" lift struts with the current 2.5 " leveling blocks thats in it now

thanks
connor
Nope. One or the other.

And your current struts are leaking from being over extended(Topped out). Your "cushioned" ride height is reduced by 2.5" on the extension from the spacers.
Bilstein lift struts are meant for that and you will notice an immediate improvement in ride quality!
For the price of their lift struts VS basic extended struts, I'd go Bilstein.

Also, for lift amounts, do the Bilsteins even go 2.5"? I thought they only went 2.25" on the 02-08 models?? I think Rancho Quicklifts go 2.5". Might want to compare.

Why not still level?
Because factory suspension has a rake where the back is higher than the front. What did you do?...You put an even higher lift in the back than the front causing it to be worse. I would recommend pulling out the 3" bloks out back and putting in either 1.5" or 2" to make your ride more level.

Quick Reply: replacement front strut/shock