3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

replacing suspension components, cranking t-bars, different ball joints?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default replacing suspension components, cranking t-bars, different ball joints?

Hey guys, my ball joints are a little squeaky when backing out of the driveway and at certain times turning or coming to a stop. I'm going to go ahead and basically replace most of the front suspension components including shocks, upper a-arm assembly with ball joint, lower ball joints, and t-rod ends, and will probably do the rear shocks while im at it. I figure may as well replace it all with good quality serviceable parts while im in there and just pay for one alignment. I am planning on cranking my t-bars while im doing it, and will probably then get some rancho shocks made for the front end level so my ride isn't compromised. This is all pretty straightforward, but I got to thinking, are there any sort of aftermarket balljoints or maybe upper a -arms that will help accommodate the raised front and accompanying higher cv angle? I only plan on cranking the t-bars 1.5-2", so with the new components I figure I should be pretty good unless i blow my cv joints i guess, but I was wondering if there was anything that might help decrease the stress a little.

maybe im talking about some parts for a lift kit, idk, im not too familiar with it really i guess. Thanks for any help.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:45 AM
mikerg5ex12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been hearing lately that if I up my suspension lift I'd have to readjust differentials. Anyone know anything about this?

Quick Reply: replacing suspension components, cranking t-bars, different ball joints?