3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Computer Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Olerodder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer Issues?

My 08 Ram has been having the following issues for over a year. I did take it to two dealers and both can't find out what the issues are.
The only two things I have done with the truck was to install an AirAid intake system and remove the resonator/replace the factory muffler with a Magnaflow..............used 3" from the muffler to the exhaust tip and came out in the same place as the factory exhaust.
I have had these problems even before I put the intake on or changed the exhaust.
1. The red lightning bolt will come and as soon as lift off the throttle it will go out and continue as normal. This happens as much as maybe twice a day or as little as once a month.................and the driving conditions are hardly ever the same. Once I stop the truck and turn off the engine it goes away and when I restart it..................................it acts like nothing has happened.............until the next time.

2. I can be driving along and the brake/ABS lights come on. The brakes don't seem any different to me but the lights will stay on until I shut off the motor................when I restart it.................they stay off.

3. Maybe a year ago when I was coming back from Lancaster, CA I stopped to get something to eat and when I came back to the truck and started it the low tire pressure light blinked..........then stayed on. I checked all of the tires and the pressure was the same in all four tires....I continued to check tire pressure hot and cold and there was no issue. I took it to a dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. About six months later I put new tires on the truck and replaced all 4 tire pressure sensors with OEM Mopar units................the tire shop check the tire sensors with their electronic device and found no problem with the new tire sensors as the low tire pressure light continued to be on. Well....................maybe 10k miles later the light just went out........................that stayed off for maybe 3/5 months..................then one day when I went out to start the truck after setting overnight the low tire pressure light blinked and has been on ever since..............I checked the tire pressure cold and all four tires where fine............and have checked many times after than with no change.

Any help would be appreciated.
John

Quick Reply: Computer Issues?