3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RAM 1500 AC and pressure issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 06:32 PM
K20Marine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM 1500 AC and pressure issue

So just recently I have been with my an issue with my air conditioning in my 2004 RAM 1500 with 114k miles. Once the truck get warmed up and I am driving the AC works fine. However, if I am stopped for more than 15 to 20 seconds or going under about 20MPH the AC no longer works and blows hot air.

My first thought was low on freon. So I bought a gauge and a new can with stop leak and other additives that are supposed to help the system. Once I connected the gauge to the low side and followed the instructions I noticed the pressure is MAXED out when the clutch engages. Not even close to being in the green zone.

Any idea on what could be the issue or any recommendations on what I should do? Thanks for all of your help.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:36 PM
BigSloth
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of gauge are we talking about here? the little green/red wheel on the can or an actual set of manifold gauges?

Is the condenser fan working? its a common problem, if its not running, it wont draw air through the condenser to cool the charge. When you're moving, there is enough airflow to cool it without the fan.

Quick Reply: RAM 1500 AC and pressure issue