3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck is driving me crazy--MILITARY GUY---Needs help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 11:16 PM
JuanL.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck is driving me crazy--MILITARY GUY---Needs help

Ok so back with this engine stall, here's is some new info hopefully someone has had this same issue or heard of it to help me. So my truck ofcourse shuts down coming to a stoplight or stop sign. It shakes quite a bit when it is slowing down, then rpm drop and truck comes to a sudden stop. Now if I start if up and throw it in drive it is starting to turn off or if I am turning I notice the it is hard to turn and it shuts off. if I leave it in park or neutral it is fine. I first thought it was my TC because of all the noise it was making and it felt like I was driving a standard and not pushing the clutch in and shaking alot. I took it to a repair shop today in Lemoore california(navy guy) and he swears from what I am telling him that it is not a torque converter cause it is rolling to a stop then shutting off instead of just shutting off. Please help I am low on funds and need to figure something out. on the road it shifts up and down fine....oh one last thing on the first start of the morning if I keep it under 35 mph I can drive all morning with nothing happening.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JuanL.
Ok so back with this engine stall, here's is some new info hopefully someone has had this same issue or heard of it to help me.

So my truck of course shuts down coming to a stoplight or stop sign.

It shakes quite a bit when it is slowing down, then rpm drop and truck comes to a sudden stop.

Now if I start if up and throw it in drive it is starting to turn off or if I am turning I notice the it is hard to turn and it shuts off.

If I leave it in park or neutral it is fine. I first thought it was my TC because of all the noise it was making and it felt like I was driving a standard and not pushing the clutch in and shaking alot.

I took it to a repair shop today in Lemoore california(navy guy) and he swears from what I am telling him that it is not a torque converter cause it is rolling to a stop then shutting off instead of just shutting off.

Please help I am low on funds and need to figure something out. on the road it shifts up and down fine....oh one last thing on the first start of the morning if I keep it under 35 mph I can drive all morning with nothing happening.

Okay I broke this up to make it a little easier to read.

Now then, What Year and Engine is it? and I am assuming that it is an Automatic Transmission.

Is the truck 4x4 or 4x2?

Do you have a check engine light? (if yes, please post the DTCs you are getting)

There is info on how to pull the DTCs in the link at the very bottom of my signature.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:09 AM
KasperR34
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah bro, if we don't have any info on the truck, this is about the best I can say

Old 07-20-2013, 12:00 AM
TxFam6

P457 is only code for evap leak but truck has had that for a year

Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Bertil
Rookie

Start with simple things. Camshaft position sensor springs to mind first. Very likely an issue with some sensor...somewhere.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TxFam6
P457 is only code for evap leak but truck has had that for a year
You aren't the OP.....

Quick Reply: Truck is driving me crazy--MILITARY GUY---Needs help