3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 custom overhead console

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 PM
crzylee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 custom overhead console

I have an 03 Quad Cab that only has the temp / compass display and map lights. I am wanting to add a couple of custom switches for a light bar and aftermarket fog lights. Also with this being my tow rig I would like a place to put a small CB radio. Does anyone make these or would it be best to learn how to mold using fiberglass?

Old 08-13-2013, 12:17 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I have several brand new LED lights bars if you are interested. You can build a custom piece and while it would be nice, keep in mind you're going to need a way to secure and fasten it to the roof to hold all the weight.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:14 PM
crzylee

Yea that's my only concern is supporting the weight. Granted its a Cobra 19, just for road trips to keep the cell minutes down but its heavy enough.

I'll keep you in mind for LED's, I have a couple local sources that has a few in stock.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:11 AM
garam
Professional

Originally Posted by crzylee
Yea that's my only concern is supporting the weight. Granted its a Cobra 19, just for road trips to keep the cell minutes down but its heavy enough.

I'll keep you in mind for LED's, I have a couple local sources that has a few in stock.
I began building an overhead console for my Ram before I got rid of it. I was concerned about the weight of it, mounting options and if the mount would be strong enough to hold in the event of a collision. As a result I decided not to do it.

FWIW I have a Galaxy DX949 mounted to the roof of my current truck and it feels very secure.

Quick Reply: 03 custom overhead console