3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hypertech plus hemi... what octane rating?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005 | 11:47 PM
GA Hemi
|
Rookie
Default Hypertech plus hemi... what octane rating?

Hi guys… my first post on this site. Got an ’05 Ram QC with the Hemi and had a question. I’ve read where some of you are not happy with the Hypertech programmer, but I had one on my 1997 Chevy and thought it did a good job so I recently purchased the programmer for the Ram. I’ll have to admit that I don’t feel much of a difference with the Hypertech programmer, but in order to try to get some kinda gain out of it, I was thinking of programming the Ram to run 87 octane. Has anyone done this? If so, did the truck run O.K.? I’ve got a trip this weekend… I live in south Georgia and I’ve got to drive to North Carolina then to Alabama then back to south Georgia. I was thinking of changing the octane setting with the programmer if only for this weekend because I’ll be buying so much gas. Any thoughts?

Old 10-03-2005 | 12:50 AM
HemiRam9
Default RE: Hypertech plus hemi... what octane rating?

Man I wish I seen this post before you bought the Hypertech! I have a 04 Hemi and bought the new Superchips tuner for the 04-05 hemi and theres no question you can feel the difference with it. You see Superchips made there tuner just for the 04-05 Hemi nothing else and it makes a huge difference. The increase in performance and shifting is very noticable! Also the tuner does also have settings for 87 octane or 91 octane performance or 91 octane towing. When you run it on 91 octane and performance setting WHOA! it moves. Go to superchips.com and do some research and send that Hypertech back if you can and go with the Superchips. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: Hypertech plus hemi... what octane rating?