3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

computer pronlems?

Old 10-01-2013, 11:44 AM
str8fromtexas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer pronlems?

I have a 06 ram v8 4.7...The issues that im having with the car is that first when starting up the car every gear light(P R N D 2 3) lights up. when putting the car in reverse or drive it give a hard jerk either forwards or backwards... When I put it in drive it takes a couple seconds for the car to actually start to move and when flooring it, it does not pick up speed.. When I finally pick up speed sometimes it stays in first gear(or it feels like it).. The rpm gauge goes in between 3 and 4 and never shifts back down.. When the truck actually shifts when it down shifts the car jerks.. then finally I the check engine light came on. I took the car to auto zone and when they did a diagnostic it said I had transmission problems... I then took the vehicle to a transmission shop and had them diagnose it and they said it gave them every code that it could give pertaining to the transmission, which led them to think that I had a bad computer.. they told me they could find out for sure if I paid another 200.00 for them to research further, but since they made the mistake on letting me know most likely what it was I want to research further b4 I hand over that cash that can go to a new tcm if needed... Ive reset the computer multiple times and it fixes the problem for a day or so, but then it starts acting up again...

Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Is your Check Engine Light on? If so, please post the DTC codes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: computer pronlems?