3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suspension Squeaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 08:48 AM
William Lockwood
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Squeaks

I have a 2006 Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition. It has about 60,000 miles on it. I have it serviced at the Dealer for Oil Changes. My problem is this. The Dealer has never mentioned any Suspension Problems and its always fine after I have it in for an oil change. Usually after a month or so the Suspension starts squeaking like crazy. Everytime I hit a bump or turn the steering wheel. It sounds like its coming from everywhere. Any ideas what could be causing this or how to eliminate it.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:33 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Get under the truck and lube the rubber bushings and other suspension with WD40 or some other spray lube. They are dry and this can be normal. Mine does it from time to time but normally the rear shackles

Old 10-04-2013, 12:07 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

^^+1 and I should add if you're saying it gets worst a little after the dealer service, are they by any chance running the truck through a pressure washer that has jet underneath? It could be be causing some squeaks if minor surface rust is able to form on some of the moving parts when the oil/grease/grime is washed away.

Old 10-04-2013, 01:09 PM
William Lockwood

I know they wash it as a service to me but not sure about Pressure Washing. I sometimes wash the truck myself and I avoid washing under the bed or the truck.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by William Lockwood
I have a 2006 Ram 1500 Big Horn Edition. It has about 60,000 miles on it. I have it serviced at the Dealer for Oil Changes. My problem is this. The Dealer has never mentioned any Suspension Problems and its always fine after I have it in for an oil change. Usually after a month or so the Suspension starts squeaking like crazy. Everytime I hit a bump or turn the steering wheel. It sounds like its coming from everywhere. Any ideas what could be causing this or how to eliminate it.
The shackle mounts on my 06 got really dry one year and I dropped them down and disassembled it completely and used grease all over it and the bolts running through it ....Problem solved for 5 years now

Quick Reply: Suspension Squeaks