3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

EBC Sport or Ultimax Rotors on my 3rd Gen??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Bison9
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yepper, I have an 8 inch C clamp ready to go for this job. I pretty much will be following every step in both of these vids (every article / vid I have seen is pretty much summed up across these two below. I have scoured the internet and these are the two best vids):

AND

Old 10-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly when it comes time for me to do brake rotors and pads I think I am going to jsut go ahead and purchase this tool:

http://www.uniquetruck.com/p-15863-4...FYWf4AodXm8Akw

Way easier to work with than using a C Clamp (or PryBar) and risk damaging the piston or seals on my caliper....

Just my .02....

Just make sure you loosen the cap on your master cylinder so you don't damage anything when you compress the caliper pistons, and remember to tighten it once you're done.

If you are doing all 4 make sure the brake fluid isn't going to overflow before you move on to compressing the next caliper piston.

Again just my suggestion from Experience.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Bison9
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are good replies!

yeah, if you watch in the vids too, they open the bleeder valve and attach it to a brake bleeder kit when compressing the pistons. They also clamp the hose with that Sears hose clamp tool that I also got for this. I think I am going to go this route when it comes time to do these calipers.

I went with the slotted EBC Ultimax rotors and the EBC brake pads so we'll see what happens!

Thanks for the replies guys!

Last edited by Bison9; 10-08-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: EBC Sport or Ultimax Rotors on my 3rd Gen??