3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Remove drive-by-wire

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 07:27 AM
cjmrdc
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove drive-by-wire

So, just curious - anyone know of anyone who has changed the drive-by-wire system? I read a post on DT that said someone had changed their 05 hemi from drive-by-wire to a 'regular' (i guess) system, anyone know how they did it? or how someone else could? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:56 AM
mill500
Veteran
Default RE: Remove drive-by-wire

I haven't heard of anyone doing it. Plus, I can't imagine it's very simple to do. The computer TPS at least has to be tied to it which you'd have to figure out how to get around.

Any reason in particular for wanting to do it? I find the pedal pressure pretty stiff, but I wouldn't consider going that far to change it.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:22 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

I call BS until I get more details. To start with, you have to get a new TB and then you have the computer, then you have the IAC, TPS... I find it unlikely.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:27 AM
cjmrdc
Rookie

osteo - let me clarify that i'm not saying it has been done, i just read a thread on DT that mentioned someone had done it, i would've posted there but i don't particularly like the community, and was interested.

mill - i don't know if there'd be any upside to it, i've just never drive another drive-by-wire vehicle, and the idea has always kind of rubbed me the wrong way, for no particular reason.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:24 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Hey cjmrdc, that BS wasn't aimed at you, just the guy that posted saying that he did it. Sorry for the confusion, I guess I should have specified a little bit more. Let me know if you find any more info on how this guy did it though, as I think it would be interesting, but rather impossible.

Quick Reply: Remove drive-by-wire