3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hmmmm, Chevy's new 6.0 with 345/380

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005 | 08:53 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Default RE: Hmmmm, Chevy's new 6.0 with 345/380

Holy Crap Doc, I saw that post and thought" Holy S**t, I hope he's not thinking of crossing over--I should have known better, just another divine opportunity to flame a Chevy. Their only the second bigggest piece of crap next to a Ford!!!

Old 10-16-2005 | 09:04 PM
CALUB1

Hello All,

I thought my 04 QC HEMI was quick in stock form and after installing a FLOWMASTER exhaust and an CAI it showed some get up and go.....and finally last thursday my Superchips programmer arrived and after about 20 minutes I have a totally different HEMI! The first time I took her out and stomped on the gas.....the acceleration was a night and day difference. My hands were shaking afterwards. Last night I was going home from work at around 10pm and a Chevy 1500SS pulled along side and revved up his motor, it sounded allright. Little did I know he wanted to street light drag. We ended up next to each other at a stop light that leads onto the start of the 55 fwy. Once the light turns green its on..he gave me the heads up I turned on the tow/haul mode, I did'nt even bother to use the brake or anything like that. I just stomped on the gas at green heard a short screeching sound and actually chirp the tires on second gear! We were pretty much dead even and I think his truck shifted to the next gear and my HEMI just kept on pulling hard. I'm not sure if he let off the throtlle but I pulled away and my speedo needdle was just at 110 mph. I had to let off it was getting scary![8D]

Old 10-16-2005 | 10:16 PM
osteodoc08
|
Record Breaker

Street racing AND speeding, shame on you. LOL.

No, I'd never switch to GM. Had to many problems in the past with trannies, cooling probs, ignition woes, etc. My wife and I just bought a 2003 Expedition so hopefully Ford isn't as bad as everyone says. The Expedition is really nice and it is still nice and tight, no rattles, brakes straight, no vibrations, etc. Her whole family has been served well by Ford. As long as we don't get stuck with a POS like our previous Explorer was...

Quick Reply: Hmmmm, Chevy's new 6.0 with 345/380