3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck Dings When Braking And Turning On Blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 04:38 PM
chevy1huff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Dings When Braking And Turning On Blinkers

I have an 07 5.9 Dodge Cummins 4x4 2500. Every time I push the breaks or turn on either blinker the truck dings. I have no lights or blinkers out. What is causing this to happen?

Old 01-19-2014, 12:06 PM
chipdogg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it a certain side you hit the blinker to? If so, check the bulbs/connections closely on that side. If you have a corroded connection either at a connector or where the bulb sits, it'll do that even if your bulb is good since whichever controller that tests the bulb circuit will see it as an open circuit and politely remind you.

Mine did it the whole way from Wisconsin to Colorado last year intermittently and "bulb out" lit up on dash occasionally. About as annoying as a naggy gf sitting in the passenger seat reminding you of something stupid. I replaced all the bulbs, cleaned connections, and applied di-electric grease and it was good to go.

Quick Reply: Truck Dings When Braking And Turning On Blinkers