3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vibration while accelerating when I get to 40-mph

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 12:01 PM
wildasinjb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration while accelerating when I get to 40-mph

I'm thinking about buying a 2005 Ram 1500 with a 5.7L hemi, but it has this strange vibration when your foot is on the gas. It starts at around 40mph and doesnt go away as long as your foot is on the gas pedal even when just cruising that vibration will remain. It vibrates the cab. Was wondering if anybody else has had a similiar issue, and what they did to fix the problem. The dealership said these trucks have an adaptive transmission that adapted to the prior owners way of driving. They say they are resetting the transmission back to original, but that just sounds weird to me. It also has brand new tires Goodyear Wranglers that were just put on. Any feedback on this problem would be appreciated.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:44 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

Sounds like it maybe in the drive line. Check u joints. Motor, trans mounts. Check exhaust, if they did exhaust some shops will remove the rubber isolators. They will weld hangers to the frame. Exhaust vibration will be transmitted thru the frame

Old 02-16-2014, 05:57 PM
wildasinjb

Thanks I will check those. Have you ever heard of an adaptive transmission?

Old 02-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ummm, yes on the adaptive stuff, it happens in the ecu as well as the tranny. Typically, removing power from the truck for a short period of time, will reset the computer memory.

I'd find it hard to believe that the vibration your feeling is being caused by that. You might also check the play in the yoke (side to side runout) at the tranny output shaft, as well as checking the entire drivetrain, as mentioned above. It is best to remove the drive line to do a good check of the u-joints

Old 02-19-2014, 02:16 AM
Insaino

Whoops read that wrong, sorry...

Last edited by Insaino; 02-19-2014 at 02:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Vibration while accelerating when I get to 40-mph