3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Passenger Side Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 09:02 AM
dripdodger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Side Mirror

Getting my FREE FIREWOOD in this weekend, I knocked the outer plastic housing off of my heated/ powered mirror on the px side. Found one on ebay for $98.00. Any tricks or special tools needed to do this R&R job. Thanx Drip

Old 02-17-2014, 07:44 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very easy project. Remove the door panel - one screw in the sail panel, one behind the release lever and two in the bottom. Remove the release handle. Lift the door panel up and off the hooks. Unplug the window wire harness and the harness going to the mirror. The mirror will have three studs secured with nuts. Remove the nuts and the mirror. Position the new mirror and put the nuts back on. The rest is the reverse of the dis-assembly.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:26 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Check LMC truck website see if it's a better deal. I got 2 pairs of lopsided mirrors off Ebay and had to return them both.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:39 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was gonna mention a better source. The eBay mirrors apparently have too much shake and vibration. I paid a bit over $200 for a set of Dodge towing mirrors.

Quick Reply: Passenger Side Mirror