3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water Leak Solved On Passenger Side?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Skunk731
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Leak Solved On Passenger Side?

I think I have found the solution to water on my passenger side floor. My recirculation door broke so this helped me find the leak easier. I hope this helps those who have searched and can't find their leak and tried everything else. There is a windshield guide at the bottom of the windshield which makes a hole just above the air recirculation vent in which the sealant dried out. Last heavy rain, I noticed water running through the hole where the guide is, down into the air recirculation box, and down the fire wall onto the floor board. I made sure it was the guide by removing the cowl, popped off the guide, looked up from the inside and sure enough light was coming through. So I took some 3M strip caulk and put some around the plug part of the guide (just took enough and wrapped it around the base of the flat part and top of the plug part), pushed it back into the hole, and that sealed it pretty good. It rained pretty hard the last couple of days and I even poured water over it and no more leak and my floor has been dry since. I hope this helps because I tried most of everything else people posted on the forums with no luck.

Quick Reply: Water Leak Solved On Passenger Side?