3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power loss and transmission sensor malfunctions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Bertbert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power loss and transmission sensor malfunctions

Hey guys I'm new so hopefully I'm in the right place. So I currently drive an 08' ram 1500 4x4 with a 5.7 gasser hemi and automatic transmission, the engine has nearly 120 km on it it's got a few aftermarket including exhaust headers air intake throttle spacer and the odd time ill tune it with a diablo in tune sport tuner. Now you know my truck here's my problem.. So I did swap the engine a month ago, and as I'm sure most of you know there's bound to be some gremlins lingering and there have been most of which I have been able to handle on my own but today I ran into another issue and I do have an idea but to what extent the problem lies I'm uncertain. Basically I loose power and when I shift into drive the truck wants to lunge forward like hard shifting and same when I shift into reverse she lunges back a few inches,really hard.. And I can't get any movement untill a lil past 2000 rmp and normally I can lay the pedal down and paint a rubber patch on the road 5 blocks long but when I floor it it's like grandma is taking me to Sunday morning mass.. Just gutless.. Now here's the kicker if I disconnect the battery and let the PCM reset then start the truck.. No lunging smooth shifting and restored power.. But as soon as I shut the truck off completely and try to restart it without resetting the PCM it lunges and looses power .. I know it's electrical and I'm wondering if it is a sensor on the transmission or a fault I'm my PCM, the transmission fluid is clean and topped up it's almost as if it's misreading and not engaging maybe something to do with the bands.. Someone wanna help??

Quick Reply: Power loss and transmission sensor malfunctions