3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No left rear direction indicator when braking!!???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 02:49 PM
RSwipe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No left rear direction indicator when braking!!???

2004 1500 4x4.

Hi everyone, I need a little help. Has anyone had this issue?

All the tail lights work correctly individually ie brakes, reverse, tail and indicators light correctly. BUT.... if I am indicating left and press the brakes I loose both brake and indicator lights on the left side, until I take my foot off the brake then the indicator comes back. This only happens on the drivers side. I have double checked ALL the connections to the tail lights, and everything looks perfect. My question, if the wiring looks good, and all the lights work unless when braking ( left only ) and I cannot see any damage, blown fuses etc, what else could it be? I have swapped tail lights, and it did the same thing on the same side. Is there somewhere else in the truck where things could go bad, and cause this?

Thanks!

Old 03-22-2014, 05:30 PM
RSwipe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out it was the 'resister block' attached to the back of the LED tail lights that the PO had fitted. Switched that to the other side and the problem switched sides too. Don't know if I can get a replacement. Probably gonna have to get new tail lights. Grrr.

Quick Reply: No left rear direction indicator when braking!!???