3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4wd light stuck on, now wont start

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 02:21 PM
trevorw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd light stuck on, now wont start

drove my 08 ram 1500 thru a few icy puddles, then 4wd light stayed on. It wouldnt go back into 4wd. noticed voltage gauge bouncing way up, and power windows were sluggish. windows went back to normal. Next day, truck would turn over (sometimes). needed to boost it. Wont start though. lightning bolt is on, and flashing red light under speedo. Any ideas before i get towed 100km to dealer.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:44 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trevorw
drove my 08 ram 1500 thru a few icy puddles, then 4wd light stayed on. It wouldnt go back into 4wd. noticed voltage gauge bouncing way up, and power windows were sluggish. windows went back to normal. Next day, truck would turn over (sometimes). needed to boost it. Wont start though. lightning bolt is on, and flashing red light under speedo. Any ideas before i get towed 100km to dealer.
trevorw,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issues. The lightning bolt indicator light, the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) lamp informs you when a problem is present with the ETC system. If the light is flashing, immediate service is required, however, if it remains on the truck should be drivable, but service is recommended as soon as possible.

The blinking red light is under the speedometer is related to the vehicle security system. It is possible an issue may be present with the Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS). This system would prevent unauthorized operation of the truck by disabling the engine.

Quick Reply: 4wd light stuck on, now wont start