3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sounds like a well-used mattress...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Alright, new Moog LBJ's, Rancho RS5000 shocks all around, and new brake pads up front (the rears look barely used after nearly two years). One HELL of a lot of dirt and crud compacted into the rotor fins up front, though. That in itself was a chore to clean out sufficiently.

Anyway, the truck turns and stops 100% better than it did before. It doesn't move at all now when I stand on the side steps, either, and it soaks up bumps on the road. The only thing I'm a little dismayed about is that the driver's side rear seems to sit just a little lower than before, while the front is a bit more level (probably because of the new shocks and not being settled yet). Maybe it was just a weird angle I was seeing it at, but overall I am very happy with a day's work (and a lot of help from a friend).

Quick Reply: Sounds like a well-used mattress...