3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny pressure issue.. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 01:54 PM
SM10987
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny pressure issue.. Need help!

Been having issues for 9 months now. Finallly.. after my 4th tranny new computer, sesnsors, wires, etc... figured out its not the tranny with the issue.

The tranny wont keep stable pressure. plugged in gauge to tranny directly and watched computer at same time.. pressure bounces.. unplug the sensor to the tranny and pressure stabilizes... Every time we have tested the harness it seems to be just fine. Even sometimes with the sensor plugged in pressure is fine for a bit...

does anyone have any ideas... two dealerships and many mechanical brains and we are about out of options, but I need to get this truck running..

Old 03-28-2014, 11:46 PM
44dakota
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was the pressure control solenoid replaced in each of the transmissions?? im having a simular issue with my other truck,its a zr2 s10,sometimes the pressure will be jacked up and cause it to shift way to hard,then other times it will be low and shifts kinda slugish,whats even more weird is on rainy days it shifts so hard im afraid to drive it! not joking...ive had a presuure gauge on mine as well,im gonna replace the pressure control solenoid soon and see if that fixes it..

Old 03-29-2014, 09:52 AM
SM10987

yup replaced every sensor dealing with the tranny... Wierd thing is.. has new pressure sensor, but when we unplug the sensor from the tranny the pressure gauge stabilizes... wiring??? idk... but i went ahead and had a new wiring harness ordered. Very good chance yours is just the sensor... mine.. is possessed.

Contacted Ram Customer Service yesterday and after 45 minutes of explaining I wasn't looking for money or for them to fix anything and that I was just wondering if a higher up Tech could give my mechanic a call I got an email apologizing for not being able to help with costs and that I should take it into a dealership. Well, its already been to 2 dealership with "certified techs" and they couldn't figure out anything.. not spending that much money on labor for something I know the dealerships around here can't figure out let alone seem to even care about...

Old 03-31-2014, 09:11 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact Dodge Cares on here and see what they can do for you. They are pretty receptive to helping people out with "Mystery Problems" like that.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:28 PM
petemorq6307

I have a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 it is not wanted to go past 45 miles an hour when it is hot. I have had it checked by two trans. shops and they can find nothing wrong. Had the catalytic converter change which was what one mechanic suggested but no difference. It only happens when I'm driving it on the freeway at a fast speed after it gets hot. an anyone help.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check engine light? If so, what are the DTCs?

Old 04-12-2014, 10:36 AM
SM10987

Not any more. Was giving a line pressure code and incorrect gear ratio. Then after a few fixes just line pressure code. But now no engine light.. Just unstable pressure when the sensor is plugged in.

Quick Reply: Tranny pressure issue.. Need help!