3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Plugs.... or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014 | 03:30 PM
zach1985
|
Amateur

Originally Posted by Izero
let me clarify.. you interjected into another thread and people responded to you. At which time you said you were going to start this thread, even though there are a million threads discussing this issue.

You're right there are tons of threads about which type of spark plugs to use, but I didn't find any threads that specifically sounded like they were addressing the issues I am having which seem to be something other than just the plugs. Granted I didn't read through every page of threads, but I did a search and didn't get what I was looking for so I started a new topic specific to the EXACT issues I am seeing in my truck. If there is another thread where someone is having IDENTICAL problems by all means please include the link and I'll be most appreciative. Or you can just keep telling me that I'm asking the same question in different threads, which is not what I'm trying to do.

Old 05-02-2014 | 03:43 PM
VengeanceASX

Bad throttle position sensor? Loose connection somewhere? Vacuum leak of some sort?

Old 05-02-2014 | 04:42 PM
Buggsy
Professional

You didn't say which engine you have. If it's a Hemi, adding a good ground connection to the throttle body can help with TPS issues. It's only something I've heard in passing around here, but it's not an uncommon mod for drive-by-wire TBs.

Old 05-06-2014 | 01:28 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by Buggsy
You didn't say which engine you have. If it's a Hemi, adding a good ground connection to the throttle body can help with TPS issues. It's only something I've heard in passing around here, but it's not an uncommon mod for drive-by-wire TBs.

Would be the first thing I'd try. Made a HUGE difference in throttle response for me and others. Besides, if you've got a piece of wire laying around, it's free and even if it doesn't fix your problem, it doesn't hurt a thing...

Old 05-06-2014 | 10:24 AM
zach1985
|
Amateur

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Would be the first thing I'd try. Made a HUGE difference in throttle response for me and others. Besides, if you've got a piece of wire laying around, it's free and even if it doesn't fix your problem, it doesn't hurt a thing...
Thanks, I'll have to figure out the best way to do this and give it a shot. Changing back to the copper plugs helped a bit but it still doesn't seem like it's back to where I'd expect it to be. Hopefully adding the ground makes a difference.

Quick Reply: Plugs.... or something else?