3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mag Hytec Transmission Pan Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 09:13 PM
jccourtney
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mag Hytec Trans Pan Gasket & Dealership Question

Has anyone received trans service at the dealership with a Mag Hytec transmission pan bolted onto their truck?

I'm staying out on the east coast for a couple months, which is far from my Indiana home. I'm having my transmission serviced at the dealer since it developed a shifting problem last week, and I don't have the leisure to unbolt the pan.

Mag-Hytec states in it's specifications not to use the factory reusable gasket, and they preferred the TranStar Part #72300F gasket. I'm assuming the dealer doesn't stock that TranStar gasket.

If yes to above:

Did you provide the gasket, or were they competent enough to figure out how to get the gasket?

Did you have any other problems with them relating to the Mag Hytec pan?

Thanks!

Last edited by jccourtney; 06-12-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:06 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I was you, I'd bring the gasket with me and tell them it's an aftermarket transmission pan, and they need to use that gasket otherwise it will cause problems.

They might try to blame your trans problems on the aftermarket pan though, so be careful...

Quick Reply: Mag Hytec Transmission Pan Gasket